Nominations and applications for the 2020 FBD Macra na Feirme Young Farmer of the Year Awards are now open.
FBD Young Farmer of the Year 2020 Competition
To enter the competition, farmers must be:
- Under 35 years on January 1, 2020 and a member of Macra na Feirme or the IFA.
- Involved in the running of the farm on which they currently work for at least three years, either full or part-time.
- The applicant should hold an agricultural qualification.
You can apply directly for consideration or you can nominate someone for this competition.
This competition is now closed for applications and nominations - please email email@example.com with any queries you may have
- Beef and Sheep Farmers
- Land Mobility
- Collaborative arrangements, shared milking, contract rearing or farm manager.
- Other Enterprises
- Tillage, pigs, poultry etc.
- Emerging Young Farmer - A farmer who is under 23 years of age.
- Most Climate Change Conscious Young Farmer
- The National Rural Network Biodiversity Award
- Best Farm Manager
**These awards will be selected from semi-finalist and will be announced at the final**
- Overall winner €3,000 travel bursary.
- Category winners (Drystock, Dairy, Land Mobility and Other enterprise) €500 each.
For more information on the competition go to: https://www.macra.ie/competitiondetailsYFY