Nominations and applications for Leaders of the Year Award are now open.
To nominate a leader please fill out this form: https://www.macra.ie/leadersoftheyearnomination
To apply directly please fill out this form: https://www.macra.ie/leaderoftheyearapplication
Those nominated or applying must be county officers elected in one of the following positions:
- Sports, Social & Travel
- National Council Rep
- Rural Youth Officer
- Any member of Macra na Feirme can nominate a County Officer for an award.
- Leaders can either be nominated or apply directly themselves. If one is nominated, they will be informed of their nomination and invited to complete a full application.
- A short listing process may apply to cater for an expected increase in applications.
- Those that progress (up to a maximum of 60 participants), will be interviewed by a panel during July. There are two categories of winner from this pool of participants, namely:
- County Leadership Award Winner
- Winner/recipient of a President’s County Leadership Medal.
- Unsuccessful candidates at this point will receive written feedback and recommendations for improvement.