Macra Agricultural Skillnet recognised its outstanding young leaders at the 2018/19 ABP Leaders of the Year Awards in the Castleknock Hotel, Dublin on Tuesday night.
The winners were:
- Marie Harnett, Waterford City Macra, Waterford
- Josephine O’Neill, Callan Macra, Kilkenny
- Hannah Driver, Tullow Macra, Carlow
The other finalists were:
- Thomas Duffy, Ramor Macra, Cavan
- Siobhan Gallagher, South Leitrim, Leitrim
- Steven Kelly, Ferbane/Banagher, Offaly
Macra na Feirme National President, James Healy, said, ‘The Leaders of the Year Awards recognise the leadership skills of Macra members within their clubs and wider community, they recognise the effort, creativity and drive of our members and are a crucial part of the Macra na Feirme Leadership Programme. I would also like to thank ABP for their continued support of the Leaders of the Year Awards. It is their support that helps make this event memorable for all our finalists.
This year's six finalists were judged by a panel comprised of:
- Sean Eustace (Macra na Feirme Past President)
- Amii McKeever (Irish Country Living)
- Colm Dore (ABP Food Group)
The three winners were presented with specially commissioned commemorative trophies.
Caption: Pictured at the Macra Agricultural Skillnet/ABP Leaders of the Year Awards were winners Josephine O'Neill (Callan Macra, Kilkenny), Hannah Driver (Tullow Macra, Carlow) and Marie Harnett (Waterford City Macra) with Colm Dore of ABP and Macra na Feirme National President James Healy