COMPETITION RULES 2018/19
Participation in sport contributes to members' health and wellbeing and offers a further means of socialising with people of a similar age. This competition offers members the opportunity to play basketball in teams of five, making it easy and enjoyable for clubs to participate. There is a mens and a womens competition. Clubs are encouraged to play locally and within their county/region and have the opportunity to represent their county/region at the national finals.
Counties/regions can enter one club women’s team and one club men’s team.
A county/region that has not entered a women’s team for three or more years can enter a rainbow team for two consecutive years.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of ﬁve players.
- Teams can sign in up to five substitutes.
- A team list, including substitutes, must be submitted to the Presiding Ofﬁcer at sign-in on the day of the competition. This list will be checked for veriﬁcation and afﬁliation.
A county/region that has not entered a men's or women's basketball team for three or more years can enter a rainbow team for two consecutive years.
GUIDELINES FOR PLAY
1. Each match will be 12 minutes non-stop with no stop-clock and only one time-out.
2. A Round Robin series will take place with three points for a win and one for a draw.
3. The leading teams in the Round Robin series will go forward to the play-offs. If necessary, extra time will be added in the play-off.
4. Teams should be ready to play their next game at least ﬁve minutes beforehand. If a team is not ready, or does not show at the appointed time, then the game will be forfeited and the opposing team will be awarded two points.
5. Games will be played according to normal basketball rules.
Note: The guidelines can be modiﬁed by the Presiding Ofﬁcer, subject to conditions on the day.
- The number of substitutions allowed is unlimited (i.e. a player may play, then take a break, and then play again in a game).
- The referee must be made aware of all substitutions, and they should take place during dead ball situations.
Teams must supply their own basketball.
The closing date for entries to the National Office is Wednesday, February 27th 2019