Counties/regions can enter one club women’s team and one club men’s team in the competition.
A county/region that has not entered a men’s or women’s team for three or more years can enter a rainbow team for two consecutive years.
• A team must consist of a minimum of seven players.
• Teams can sign-in up to three substitutes.
• A team list, including substitutes, must be submitted to the Presiding Officer at sign-in on the day of the competition. This list will be checked for verification and affiliation.
See general sports rules.
Guidelines for Play
1. Games will be played in accordance with GAA rules.
2. Team jerseys must be worn.
3. Kick-outs after wides or scores can be taken from the goalkeeper’s hands.
4. Games will be a minimum of eight minutes per side in the group stages and 10 minutes per side for play-off games.
5. Players sent off as a result of two yellow cards will be suspended for the rest of the match while players who receive a straight red card are suspended for the rest of the tournament.
6. Teams must supply their own footballs.
Note: The above are guidelines and can be modified by the Presiding Officer subject to conditions on the day.
Substitution is unlimited, but can only occur during a break in play and with the referee’s approval.
The closing date for entries to National Office is Wednesday, October 3, 2018.