Rules / NDC Basketball Competition
Sponsored by the National Dairy Council
Counties/regions can enter one club women’s team and one club men’s team.
A county/region that has not entered a men’s or women’s team for three or more years can enter a rainbow team for two consecutive years.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of ﬁve players.
- Teams can sign in up to five substitutes.
- A team list, including substitutes, must be submitted to the Presiding Officer at sign-in on the day of the competition. This list will be checked for veriﬁcation and affiliation.
See general sports rules.
Guidelines for Play
1 Each match will be 12 minutes non-stop with no stop-clock and only one time-out.
2 A Round Robin series will take place with three points for a win and one for a draw.
3 The leading teams in the Round Robin series will go forward to the play-offs. If necessary, extra time will be added in the play-off.
4 Teams should be ready to play their next game at least ﬁve minutes beforehand. If a team is not ready, or does not show at the appointed time, then the game will be forfeited and the opposing team will be awarded two points.
5 Games will be played according to normal basketball rules.
Note: The guidelines can be modiﬁed by the Presiding Ofﬁcer, subject to conditions on the day.
- The number of substitutions allowed is unlimited (i.e. a player may play, then take a break, and then play again in a game).
- The referee must be made aware of all substitutions, and they should take place during dead ball situations.
Teams must supply their own basketball.
The closing date for entries to National Ofﬁce is Wednesday, February 17th, 2021.