Rules / Tag Rugby Competition
Sponsored by the National Dairy Council
Counties/regions can enter one club team to compete in the competition.
A County / Region that has not entered a Tag Rugby team for three or more years can enter a rainbow team for two consecutive years.
- A team must consist a minimum of seven players – two of whom must be women.
- A team can sign in up to five substitutes.
- A team list, including substitutes, must be submitted to the Presiding Officer at sign in on the day of the competition. This list will be checked for verification and affiliation.
See general sports rules.
Substitution is unlimited but can only occur during a break in play and with the referee’s approval.
Guidelines for Play
- Games will be played according to the laws for IRFU Tag Rugby as published on the IRFU website, with any rules listed below taking precedence over the IRFU rules.
- All referees used should be IRFU referees, where possible.
- The Round Robin system of games will apply when it is complete the leading teams will go forward to the play-offs.
- Teams must always have a minimum of two female players on the pitch .
- Games will be of a maximum of twenty minutes duration – 10 minutes each half.
- During play the referees’ decision is final.
- Teams must bring their own tag rugby ball.
- Tags will be supplied by National Office.
- Teams must wear similar coloured jerseys and suitable tag rugby approved shorts.
- The rules can be modified subject to conditions on the day at the discretion of the presiding officer and his decision will be final.
The closing date is Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021.